Session-1: Introduction and Understanding SAE Specifications for Autonomous Vehicles (AV)
Speaker: Mr. Vijai Gopalakrishnan, TCS-GM (9:00am - 1:00pm)
• Taxonomy and Definitions for Terms Related to Driving Automation Systems
• Understand Driver Assistance, Partial Driving Automation, Conditional Driving Automation, High Driving Automation and Full
• SAE Framework for Autonomous Vehicle Levels
• Role of human Driver, Role of Automation
• Driving Tasks
• Must-know terms (Operational Design Domain, etc.)
• What combinations lead to what level of Autonomy?
• We will understand with real world examples and what complexities lie in achieving higher level automation
Session-2: AV functionality exploration with MathWorks Tools (2:00pm - 5:00pm)
Speakers: Dr. Rishu Gupta, MathWorks & Mr. Munish Raj, MathWorks
Automated Driving applications integrate multiple systems performing complicated tasks. Automated driving functions need to be validated in accordance with the European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP®) test protocol standards. MathWorks tools enable users to author scenarios, design and develop algorithms, create and manage test cases and analyse results after simulation.
In this session, we explore how a user can build an end-to-end closed loop validation framework to analyse and test the performance of an automated driving feature.
• Application: Automated Emergency braking
• Define requirements for an Automated Emergency braking
• Discuss a EuroNcap scenario for AEB testing
• Author a EuroNCAP scenario using RoadRunner.
• Explore the Automated Emergency Braking Algorithms (Perception, Sensor Fusion, Control Design)
• Build the Test bench for Automated Emergency braking
• Analyse the performance of the Automated Emergency braking algorithm