Functional Safety is emerging as a critical area with new advancements, the complexity of functionality and the number of increasing control units in the off highway machines. With the trend of increasing technological complexity, software content and Mechatronic implementation, there are increasing risks from systematic failures and random hardware failures.
A time has come to think in terms of off highway machinery standards such as ISO 25119, ISO 19014 and beyond and the need for healthy discussion, exchange of ideas and evaluation of new concepts and tools, especially in view of the advent of Autonomous and Connected machines with Cyber security not in the too distant future.
Day1: Functional Safety
- · Introduction to Functional Safety
- · Need of Functional Safety in off highway machinery
- · Overview of Functional Safety Standards for off highway machinery (ISO 25119/ ISO 13849/ ISO 19014(released parts))
- · Functional Safety Management throughout Safety Lifecycle
- · Definition of Safety goals from Risk Assessment Methodologies
- · Overview of System, Hardware and Software design key concepts.
- · Functional Safety Verification requirements (Review, Audit, Assessment)
Day2: Functional Safety (ISO 25119) Analysis with Ansys Medini Analyze
About Medini Analyze:
Ansys safety analysis software facilitates model-based safety analysis, safety concept creation, safety management and cybersecurity assessment for safety-critical electrical and electronic (E/E) and software (SW) controlled systems.
Medini Analyze helps deliver safe and secure products and help complying to industry standards such as ISO 26262, ISO 25119, IEC 61508.
- Introduction to Medini Analyze
- Creating project & Item Architecture
- Analyzing hazards caused by malfunction behavior of E/E systems as described in ISO 25119-4:2018
- Defining Safety goals & Safety requirements from "Risk-Assessment"
- Safety analysis (Fault tree, FMEA & FMEDA) from architecture models
- Generating reports and documentation
- Summary and Q&A
The above topics will be covered with an example in Medini Analyze.